S & R Law Firm
Loudoun County Criminal Defense Attorney
Truthfully, if you ignore some things long enough, they really do get better. But a criminal charge is absolutely not one of those things. Ignoring your charge is only going to make it worse. Like it or not, your day in court is coming, and when it gets here, you need to be prepared.
But how can you actually prepare? How can you even begin to face a serious criminal charge when you’re just trying to keep your life together like everyone else? This is a tough spot that far too many residents of Loudoun County, Virginia, find themselves in every day. Sadly, many of them feel that there is no help available to them — that they must face their charge alone and accept the consequences.
That’s simply not true — at least, as long as S&R Law is here, it isn’t. That’s because we make it our business to provide a Loudoun criminal defense lawyer to those who come to us in need. No matter how tough your situation may feel, a Loudoun County or Leesburg criminal lawyer from our firm can help. Read on or contact our team to learn how.Charges Your Loudoun Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Help With
Everyone deserves a strong defense against the charge they are facing, and no charge is too big or small to change that fact. From reckless driving to homicide, every criminal charge carries with it serious potential penalties. Fortunately, if you seek help from one of the best criminal lawyers in Loudoun County, you stand a chance of avoiding those penalties.
The following are some of the criminal charges the team at S&R Law can fight for you:
- Drug crimes. Drug manufacturing, drug distribution, and possession of drugs like heroin, methamphetamine, opioids, cocaine, LSD, and more are incredibly common and serious crimes in Loudoun County.
- Theft. Whether you’re dealing with a charge of shoplifting, petit larceny, grand larceny, or another theft-related charge, a Loudoun, VA criminal lawyer can help.
- Assault and battery. Simply making someone think you’re going to hit them can land you with an assault charge, and even a light shove can lead to a battery charge. Both of these are serious charges that may require an attorney’s help.
- White collar crimes. Embezzlement, fraud, extortion, counterfeiting, and dozens of other actions can lead to felony charges.
- DUIs. Getting arrested for driving drunk in Virginia is no joke. Police and prosecutors take this crime very seriously and are happy to make an example of you. A lawyer can help protect you.
- Reckless driving. A reckless driving conviction can stick you in jail for as long as a year. But an attorney can fight to make sure that doesn’t happen.
- Traffic tickets. Traffic tickets probably won’t land you behind bars, but if they cause you to lose your license, your life gets a lot more difficult.
- Much more. No matter what kind of crime you have been charged with, there is a Loudoun criminal defense lawyer who can help you fight the charge.
Maybe your crime doesn’t sound that serious to you. Or maybe you think someone is going to swoop in and hand you a stay-out-of-jail card. In any case, if you’re wondering whether you should hire a criminal defense attorney to fight your criminal charge, you aren’t alone. Many people wonder whether it’s actually worth it.
To answer that question for yourself, it’s helpful to understand what you’re up against. Begin by understanding this fact: Without legal help, you run a serious risk of being convicted of the crime you have been charged with. With legal help, you have an informed and experienced legal ally working tirelessly to fight your charge.
If you get convicted, you could face the following penalties:
- Class 1 felony. Life in prison and up to $100,000 in fines
- Class 2 felony. At least 20 years in prison and as much as $100,000 in fines
- Class 3 felony. At least five years in prison and a maximum of $100,000 in fines
- Class 4 felony. Two to 10 years in prison and up to $100,000 in fines
- Class 5 felony. One to 10 years in prison and up to $2,500 in fines
- Class 6 felony. One to five years in prison and as much as $2,500 in fines
- Class 1 misdemeanor. Up to a year in jail and $2,500 in fines
- Class 2 misdemeanor. Up to six months in jail and $1,000 in fines
- Class 3 misdemeanor. A fine of up to $500
- Class 4 misdemeanor. A fine of up to $250
When you’re up against that kind of time behind bars and those kinds of fines, the reasons to hire a Loudoun County defense lawyer start to come into clear focus.How a Defense Attorney Can Help
When you’re searching for the best criminal lawyers in Loudoun County and find the perfect Leesburg criminal lawyer to contact, what should you expect? How will the lawyer help you, exactly?
An experienced criminal defense attorney will get to work straight away. They will begin building your defense based on a review of the evidence and circumstances surrounding your charge. Each case is unique and calls for a tailored defense, but here are some common types of defenses that could be involved in your case:
- Proving your innocence
- Showing problems with evidence collection
- Demonstrating that your constitutional rights were violated
- Arguing that your actions were in self-defense
- Proving that you were a victim of entrapment
Keep in mind that the objective of criminal defense isn’t always to get your charge thrown out, although that is certainly something your lawyer will try for if it is possible. But a skilled defense attorney will also look to negotiate with prosecutors for reduced charges and sentences, as well as deferred sentencing alternatives.Charged with a Crime in Loudoun County? Call S&R Law
You can’t change the fact that you have been charged with a crime, but you can change the outcome of the charge. If you play your cards right by speaking with an experienced Loudoun County criminal defense lawyer, you’re giving yourself a shot at beating your charge or minimizing its effects on your life.
Your freedom is worth fighting for, and we’re ready to do the fighting for you. Reach out to the attorneys at S&R Law today. Contact us online or give us a call at 703.273.6431.