S & R Law Firm
Fairfax County DUI Lawyer
When stopped under the suspicion of Driving Under the Influence (DUI) in Fairfax County, Virginia, it is imperative to reach out to a local Fairfax DUI lawyer as soon as possible, after the DUI Fairfax County incident occurs.
There are many Fairfax County lawyers from which to choose, however, you must remain vigilant in your search to find the best DUI lawyer Fairfax VA has to offer – a Fairfax County DUI attorney who is prepared to meet your needs concerning your alleged Fairfax DUI charge.
This holds especially true for those faced with a Fairfax County DUI charge for the first time. First-time offenders have little to no insight (or experience) as to –
- How serious a Fairfax DWI charge can be - according to the Fairfax County Court System and relevant Virginia Code (§18.2-266).
- How important it is to have legal representation by a Fairfax DUI attorney DWI lawyer or a Fairfax criminal lawyer that specializes in Fairfax DUI representation.
- How the DUI case can be influenced by what you say or do at the time of the DWI incident.
- Why a Fairfax criminal lawyer may be needed for certain Fairfax DUI representations.
- The fact that the Virginia Supreme Court supports DUI convictions even if the car in question was not in motion, but the suspected impaired driver was siting the front seat (behind the steering wheel) with the keys in the ignition.
Hiring professional legal representation by a Fairfax DUI lawyer is the shrewdest way to ensure that you (along with one of the finest DWI lawyers in Northern VA) create the best possible outcome based on the severity of the charges filed in connection with your alleged DUI Fairfax VA violation.
A Fairfax County DUI attorney is most valuable to you if you begin a professional relationship with the Fairfax DWI attorney immediately following after the DWI incident.
Fairfax County DUI lawyers are ready to represent you in your alleged Fairfax DUI charge and to take charge of processes needed to minimize the number of court appearances you must attend. During your discussions and strategy sessions with your Fairfax County DWI attorney, you learn about the possible legal consequences based on whether your DUI charge is your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd offense.
The potential penalties for a Fairfax DUI charge grow more substantial after your first DUI offense. Appropriate representation by a Fairfax County DUI attorney can help mitigate the extent of the outcome. A partial list includes -
- A license Suspension from 1-year to an indefinite period.
- Fines that range from $250 to $2,500.
- Jail time for up to a year for 1st and 2nd offenses and 5 years for the 3rd offense.
- The requirement to use an Ignition Interlock Device.
- Potential Court Ordered Restitution for your Fairfax DWI charge.
- Possible Mandate to enroll in an Alcohol Safety Action Program.
If you've been charged with a DUI in Fairfax County Virginia, we recommend that you contact our experienced and qualified DWI lawyers in Fairfax VA at 703.273.6431, or online. The legal help you need is a simple phone call or email away.